TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR
USE OF WEBSITE
1. CONSENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
By using this Website, you certify that you understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please contact us by telephone at 202-548-4001 or by electronic mail if you have any questions.
2. REVISION TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
International Microelectronics And Packaging Society ("IMAPS") reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions at anytime. Your use of this Website after such changes are posted, will mean that you accept such changes.
A. Use of Materials.
This Website is owned and operated by IMAPS. Unless otherwise specified, all content on this Website, including text, site design, logos, proprietary marks, graphic files, audio clips, video clips, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof ("Content"), is the sole property of IMAPS or any applicable content provider who has granted IMAPS the right and license to use such Content, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The Content provided in this Website may be downloaded and/or reprinted for PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any Content, in whole or in part, for any other reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from IMAPS. Any unauthorized use of the Content appearing on this Website, including but not limited to, the publication, reproduction, display, creation of derivative works, or performance of the Content, may violate copyright, trademark or other applicable laws and could result in civil or criminal penalties.
B. Trademark/Service Mark.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the "Marks"), including but not limited to International Microelectronics And Packaging Society, IMAPS, International Packaging Society And Educational Foundation, IEPS, International Electronic Packaging Society, ISHM and International Society for Hybrid Microelectronics are proprietary to IMAPS or other respective owners that have granted IMAPS the right and license to use such Marks. To the extent that such Marks are owned by IMAPS, such Marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not our product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among our customers or users of this Website, or in any other manner in violation of the trademark and service mark laws, without the express written consent of IMAPS. You also may not use any Marks owned by a party other than IMAPS without the express written consent of such other owner or IMAPS if IMAPS has been given the authority to grant you permission.
5. AUTHORIZED AND UNAUTHORIZED USE OF WEBSITE.
A. Submission of Materials for Posting.
You may have the opportunity from time to time to submit materials to IMAPS for posting on this Website. Such materials may include but are not limited to any text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information and are hereby collectively referred to as "Materials." In the event that you submit any Materials for posting the following rules shall apply and your submission of such Materials shall be deemed continued acceptance of all of the Terms and Conditions for Use of Website:
1. IMAPS retains the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether to accept any Materials submitted by you for posting.
2. IMAPS can modify any Materials that you submit for posting or that you directly post in its sole and absolute discretion.
3. The rules set forth below in Section 5.B shall apply to any Materials submitted for posting or posted directly by you.
4. IMAPS may remove and/or re-post the Materials that you submit for posting or that you directly post at anytime and for any reason whatsoever and without notice to you.
5. No Materials may be directly posted by you without the express written consent of IMAPS, except as specifically provided for otherwise in this Website or pursuant to established policy of IMAPS.
6. You and not IMAPS will be held personally responsible and liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of or relating to any Materials posted by you or submitted for posting by you on this Website, even if you advised IMAPS as to the possibility of such damages prior to posting. You will indemnify IMAPS for any such damages.
This Website is intended solely for the lawful use of receiving information from IMAPS and submitting Materials to IMAPS for posting by IMAPS. The following uses of this Website are STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
1. Obstructing or inhibiting anyone from using this Website, including but not limited, to altering or deleting any information provided through this Website by the users of this Website.
2. Harming minors in any way or soliciting or collecting personal information from a minor (any person under 18 years of age) without appropriate verifiable and written parental consent. Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number or name of school.
3. Transmitting, uploading, posting or sending by electronic mail any incomplete, false, misleading, unlawful, threatening, harassing, deceptive, fraudulent, abusive, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent Materials and information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
4. The transmission of any Materials or information that contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual, group of individuals or otherwise).
5. The transmission of any Materials or information that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
6. The transmission of any Materials or information, or the taking of any action that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including any action that constitutes an invasion of privacy, any action that undermines the efforts of others to use this Website or any transmission of information that is protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
7. The transmission of any Materials or information, software or other material that contains a harmful component such as a virus, or that in any way damages this Website or any host, or the efforts of any individual who desires to use this Website, whether by overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," "crashing" or otherwise.
8. The transmission of any Materials or information that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "Spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
9. Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, another member of IMAPS.
10. Accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto any server or account that you are not authorized to access.
11. Harvesting or collecting information about the users of this Website or the members of IMAPS or the use of such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
You agree that at anytime for any reason whatsoever and without any notice, IMAPS may terminate your access to this Website.
IMAPS AND ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, EXECUTIVE OFFICERS, EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, AND EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED BY IMAPS IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IMAPS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS MAKING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE FITNESS OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS FOR ANY PARTICULAR USAGE OR PURPOSE, THE MERCHANTABILITY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS, ITS FITNESS, APPLICATION OR PURPOSE, ITS INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, OR ITS QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON?INFRINGEMENT.
Links appear on this Website for the purpose of providing you with direct access to information or Materials reported on independently operated websites. We do not monitor or review the content of such independently operated websites. The inclusion of such links is neither intended nor understood to constitute any implied or express approval of acceptance of the validity of the information or Materials contained in such independent websites and is not intended nor should it be understood by the user as an endorsement or recommendation of any of the information, Materials, products, manufacturers or other parties identified in those independently operated websites. You are encouraged to thoroughly investigate and evaluate items of interest prior to entering into contractual obligations.
By accessing this Website, submitting for posting or posting Materials on this Website, you agree that in no event will IMAPS be liable to you or anyone else for any decisions made, Materials posted, or actions taken by you or anyone else based upon or in reliance upon the Materials or information provided through this Website or posted by you. You further agree to hold IMAPS and its agents and representatives harmless against any liability for any loss, claim or damage arising from your use of any Materials or information and ideas contained herein or any breach of these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY.
By accessing this Website, you agree that IMAPS is not and may not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of or relating to use of or inability to use this Website, even if IMAPS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This Website is created and controlled by IMAPS in the District of Columbia and the laws of the District of Columbia will govern these disclaimers and terms and conditions without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Access to the information contained on this Website by persons located outside of the United States may be restricted and IMAPS is not responsible for the access of this Website by any such persons. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision (or portion thereof) contained in these terms and conditions shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision (or portion thereof), each provision being independent of the others and severably enforceable. No waiver of any portion of these terms and conditions shall be deemed a continuing waiver or shall waive any other provision of these terms and conditions.
12. E-MAIL HARVESTING.
IMAPS does not authorize "email harvesting" of any kind
through this website - in compliance with provisions in
CAN-SPAM, Sec. 4.(b)(2)(A)(i)(I). Visitors are not permitted
to capture email addresses posted
use for personal databases, mailing lists, mass email distribution,
marketing efforts and the like.