Call for Professional Development Courses (PDCs)
A major purpose of IMAPS is to advance and expand microelectronic packaging technologies through professional and public education to our collective international membership base. In support of this important societal objective:
IMAPS seeks Professional Development Courses (PDCs) on new and emerging microelectronic packaging technologies. IMAPS has shifted the PDC structure at the annual Symposium and Device Packaging Conference to now feature all 2-HOUR educational tutorials focused on design, materials and processes at both the component and system level are being sought. PDCs are run at the National Symposium and may also be included at Topical Workshops and Advanced Technology Workshops throughout the year. If interested please submit a short PDC proposal including the following:
- Course Title
- Instructor contact information
- Course Description (500 words minimum)
- Who Should Attend? (50 words or less)
- Instructor Biography (150 words or less)
- Reference Text book (if required). Please list name of book, publisher, year and cost.
- IMAPS PDC REVIEW COMMITTEE will first evaluate your abstract, after which you will be notified of acceptance or if the proposal was not a good fit.
- If your PDC proposal is accepted, you will then be required to provide a 1-2 page OUTLINE of your PDC presentation. (Example outline)
- This OUTLINE will be reviewed by our PDC Peer Review Committee, who will provide feedback to help you then shape your full presentation.
- Instructors may also submit their full presentation slides to be reviewed by the committee. This must take place at least 30-days before your PDC is scheduled however.
The language for the IMAPS events and its publications is English, unless otherwise noted. All PDCs are reviewed and selections are made by the event committee members. Criteria is based on proposed topic area, course content, instructor credentials and past performance at IMAPS events as measured by student feedback evaluation forms.
IMAPS reserves the right to reject any PDC for failure to comply with the guidelines or communication via staff/committees.
The PDC should present an unbiased educational, treatment of the proposed subject area. Subtle and blatant advertisement of any products or services is in direct conflict with the spirit of this organization. Examples of the former include repeated references to products or trade names and excessive use of corporate logos and trademarks in graphic illustrations. Photographs of commercial equipment are not permitted unless they add educational value. IMAPS program committee desire that all Instructors understand unambiguously that commercialism is inappropriate and will not be tolerated; instructors are asked to abide by these constraints when preparing their course handouts and presentations.
Instructors receive a base honorarium in the amount of $1,000 USD for 2-hour PDCs, and as attendance numbers increase, so might the honorarium. Staff will inform you of the exact honorarium structure for the event you submit for, once proposals are reviewed. Most PDCs also provide the instructor with one- two nights lodging covered by IMAPS, depending on the particular event. Staff will send all instructors those details for each event as proposals are reviewed.
Instructors receive a complimentary pass which allows you to teach your course but if you would like to attend the Technical session/Exhibits you must register. IMAPS offers a special reduced rate to all PDC instructors.
Instructor course materials are due to IMAPS staff in PDF format 30 days prior to the event. IMAPS arranges for the reproduction and shipment of student workbooks to the classroom. IMAPS staff prepares the instructor contract and reserves the right to cancel the class due to low enrollment up to three weeks in advance.
If you have questions, please contact Brian Schieman at email@example.com.