Device Packaging Conference
Nokibul Islam, JCET Group
Scott Hayes, NXP Semiconductors
Past General Chairs:
Prasad Dhond, Amkor Technology
Eric Huenger, DuPont Electronic & Imaging
The most comprehensive event this spring for microelectronics assembly & advanced packaging returns to Fountain Hills, Arizona. The 19th Annual Device Packaging Conference (DPC 2023) will be held March 13-16, 2023, at the WeKoPa Conference Center. This esteemed event brings together industry engineers, researchers and top experts participating in a multi-faceted technical program and unique networking events.
Full Conference registrations include: (excludes exhibit only, pdc only, or visitor pass registration types)
- 3-track program with 80+ speakers
- Poster presentations
- 4 keynote speakers from Qualcomm, Samsung, General Motors, and Lightmatter
- Panels covering both business and social value topics
- GBC Business plenary session: Building the Ecosystem: Transitioning from Research to Manufacturing
- Sold-out exhibit hall with 66 booths
- Networking opportunities: welcome reception, exhibit hall reception, poster session happy hour, and group lunches
- Post-conference golf scramble and guided hike fund raisers
First day add-ons: 12 Professional Development Courses, a great learning opportunity for those new to the industry or looking to enhance their skills and knowledge.
In 2022, DPC was held in person with more than 500 participants, despite continued pandemic restrictions at that time. Given the strength of the technical program and exhibition this year, it is anticipated that the 2023 DPC will welcome a record number of participants!
Challenges for the Next Generation of Package Technology and Integration
Ahmer Syed, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Advanced Package Solutions in Ai/ML and Data Era
Seungwook "Stewart" Yoon, Samsung Electronics
Nick Harris, Lightmatter
Driving Adoption of Advanced IC Packaging in Automotive Applications
Bassam Ziadeh, General Motors
Attendees must register for each course as an add-on to their overall symposium registration at $325 each for early registration or $425 after February 1. Attendees may select up to one course in each time slot.
Make sure to review your preferred course's date and time slot before registration. Course fees are non-refundable.
Monday, March 13, 2023
- PDC10: Fan Out for Advanced Packaging Application, John Hunt, TechSearch International
- PDC11: Thermal Challenges and Opportunities of Advanced Packages and Microelectronics Systems, Victor Chiriac, Global Cooling Technology Group
- PDC12: Semiconductors in Automotive - Technology Trends and Reliability, Vikas Gupta, ASE US, Inc.; Pradeep Lall, Auburn University
Course Fees and Inclusions
Course Fees: $325 per course on or before February 1/$425 per course after February 1.
Fees include access to the 2-hour course led by reputable industry leaders.
These fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another registrant prior to the start of the course. No transfers will be accepted once the course has begun.
|Registration Type||Early (on or before FEB 1)||after FEB 1|
|PDC Courses (separate fee)||$325||$425|
Cancellations are due in writing to IMAPSHQ@gmail.com. Full refunds from cancellations will be made if cancellation request is received by email on/before February 15, 2023. Cancellations made after February 15, 2023, will be handled as IMAPS credit, not subject to a processing fee, toward a future IMAPS event. Neither refunds nor credits will be issued for cancellations after March 1, 2023.
2023 David Virissimo Spring Charity Golf Outing
benefiting the Microelectronics Foundation
Thursday, March 16, 2023
4-Person Scramble | 1:00 PM Shotgun Start
Check-in: 12:00-1:00 PM
Shuttle from hotel starting at 11:30 AM to arrive for 1:00 PM Shotgun Start
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club
Rental Clubs are paid directly to the Clubhouse – Call 480-837-5100
Cost: $235 per golfer or $950 for foursome
The cost includes: Transportation to and from the course, greens/cart fees, shotgun start, and awards reception/dinner following your round. All proceeds from this event will benefit the IMAPS Microelectronics Foundation.
3D InCites Hike For DEI
If you’re not participating in the golf tournament, why not join us for a guided, afternoon hike in the nearby McDowell Sonoran Preserve? All proceeds benefit the 3D InCites DEI Fund, established to help tech start-ups owned by women and under-represented minorities grow and thrive.
When: Thursday, March 16 from 12:30pm-4pm
Cost: $75 (includes transportation from We ko Pa Resort)
All proceeds benefit the 3D InCites DEI Fund
IMAPS DPC Student Design Challenge
The packaged circuit not the full product must be less than 15 cm3 and less than 0.5 kg in weight.
No breadboarding of circuit – must be actual functioning package
Must withstand short exposure (24 hrs) to high temperature (150C), and to humidity (60C, 85%RH)
Must withstand a drop of 1 m
Must avoid obstacles on a track
- Size and Weight of Packaged Circuit
- Successful Completion of the Metrics
- Time needed to successfully complete the course
- Call for Papers and Registration: December 16, 2022
- Design Phase and White Paper: January 13, 2023
- White Paper Judging: January 16-27, 2023
- Prototyping, Testing, and Presentation Preparation: January 30 – March 10, 2023
- DPC: March 13-16, 2023
- Donation of the Arduino’s and components for three teams - $1500
- Donation of the Autonomous Vehicle for three teams - $ 2000
- Donation of 3D Printing Services to make the packages
- Co-Sponsorship of the Awards - $2000
Hotel deadline: February 1, 2023
Single/Double: $199/night + taxes and fees
Phone Reservations: 480-789-5300
You must mention IMAPS or Device Packaging
HOTEL IS FULL. Keep checking daily to see if more rooms become available. We recommend calling the reservation desk directly: 1-480-789-4957.
There is a Comfort Inn Fountain Hills nearby - 17105 E Shea Blvd., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 - 480-837-5343 that may have availability. Also, there is Fountain Park Hotel - 12800 N Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 - 480-837-6565 that may have availability.
Reservations must be made before the cutoff date.
Cancellations within 72-hours will be charged.