IMAPS Symposium 2022 BOSTON
October 4 - 6, 2022
October 4 - 5, 2022
Professional Development Courses
October 3, 2022
The 55th International Symposium on Microelectronics is being organized by the International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS) and held at Hynes Convention Center. The Symposium will feature 5 technical tracks, plus our Interactive Poster Session, that span the three days of sessions with emphasis on packaging technologies that serve 5G, High Performance Computations, Automotive, Industrial, Defense/Space, Medical electronics markets, and beyond!
STILL ACCEPTING LATE ABSTRACTS & PDCs
Closing Soon - Submit Right Away!
Technical sessions are being planned by track themes, and abstracts will be considered on the topics listed below.
Abstracts are rated by the technical committee members and are selected into the sessions by the session chairs appointed by the technical committee. Authors should identify their preferred session (topical area) when submitting their abstracts. Abstracts should highlight the major contributions of the work in one or more of these areas. All abstracts submitted must represent original, previously unpublished work.
The IMAPS 2022 Technical Committee will be recruiting speakers around the following track and session topics.
This list is subject to change. Please continue to check the website for updates. Additional topics will be considered as well.
Wafer Level/Panel Level (Advanced RDL)
High Performance / High Reliability
Advanced Package (Flip Chip, 2.5D, 3D, Optical)
Advanced Process & Materials (Enabling Tech.)
Dongshun Bai, Brewer Science;
Tarak Railkar, Qorvo;
Erica Folk, Northrop Grumman;
Frank Eberle, Northrop Grumman;
Mark Hoffmeyer, IBM;
• High Reliability in Defense and Aerospace
• High Reliability in Automotive
• Reliability & Test
• MM Wave / High-speed / High-frequency Packaging
• RF / Wireless Components
• HiRel in Bio/Medical
•HiRel in Extreme Environments
• Signal Integrity
• Power Integrity
• Electromagnetic Compatibility
• Simulation & Design for Reliability
• Large Body / Small Body FC
• 2.5D/3D Technologies
• Optical / Photonics / Waveguides / Lasers
• BUMP & Interconnect
• 3D Technologies
• Advanced Flip Chip
• Heterogeneous Integration
• Substrate Technology
• Polymer Materials & Processes
• Novel Materials & Processes
• Advanced Wirebond
• Additive Manufacturing
• Flexible & Wearable Electronics
• Solders & Soldering
• Advanced Processing Equipment
• Glass & Ceramic
• Power Applications
• New Thermal & Interconnect Materials
• Via Processes
INTERACTIVE POSTER SESSION - "Posters & Pizza Lunch"
If your abstract is selected, you will be asked to follow the speaker timeline:
- Speaker Acceptance/Rejection (May 2, 2022)
- First Paper to Peer Review (June 1, 2022)
- Peer Review feedback to authors (June 27, 2022)
- Final/corrected Papers (August 1, 2022)
- Speaker must register before (September 5, 2022)
- BIO due (September 14, 2022)
- Speaker Breakfast (morning of your session)
- Slides/Presentation ready (on/before October 2, 2022)
IMAPS Symposium Student Design Challenge
Call for Submissions
Calling on student teams to expand the possibilities of package design using additive manufacturing. As part of this design challenge you will be asked to design, build, and validate an additively manufactured package to house a controller circuit for a remote controlled or autonomous vehicle, such as a Roomba. The package will be designed to meet a series of electronic and packaging metrics of performance, size, weight, and reliability, as shown below. All packaging components, except the devices, should be additively manufactured.
After an initial registration period, you will be sent detailed scoring criteria and manufacturing constraints. You will need first to prepare a white paper that justifies your design, materials selection, and qualification test plan. This can be done with preliminary multi-physics modeling. The top three papers will be selected for protoype manufacture and testing. These top teams will be supported such that one member can travel to the IMAPS Symposium in Boston in October, where they will defend their design using the actual prototype and a video presentation in front of industry leaders. From those oral presentations, the champion will be crowned! Good luck!
- The packaged circuit not the full product must be less than 15 cm3 and less than 0.5 kg in weight.
- No breadboarding of circuit – must be actual functioning package
- Must withstand short exposure (24 hrs) to high temperature (150C), and to humidity (60C, 85%RH)
- Must withstand a drop of 1 m
- Must avoid obstacles on a track
- Size and Weight of Packaged Circuit
- Successful Completion of the Metrics
- Time needed to successfully complete the course
- Call for Papers and Registration: April 1 – May 31
- Design Phase and White Paper: June 1 – July 15
- White Paper Judging: July 15 – July 31
- Prototyping, Testing, and Presentation Preparation: August 1 – September 30
- Symposium: October 3-6, 2002
Call for Sponsors
IMAPS is starting a student packaging competition to expand the possibilities of package design using additive manufacturing. In this design challenge, teams will design, build, and validate an additively manufactured package to house a controller circuit for a remote controlled or autonomous vehicle, such as a Roomba. The package will be designed to meet a series of electronic and packaging metrics of performance, size, weight, and reliability, as shown below. All packaging components, except the devices, should be additively manufactured.
In order to make this competition a reality, we are looking for sponsors for the following items:
- Donation of the Arduino’s and components for three teams - $1500
- Donation of the Autonomous Vehicle for three teams - $ 2000
- Donation of 3D Printing Services to make the packages
- Co-Sponsorship of the Awards - $2000
We look forward to your participation in this exciting new event. Email Brian Schieman at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a Student Competition Sponsor.
Hotel reservation deadline: September 2, 2022
Cancellations must be received 3-days (72 hours) prior to confirmed arrival date to avoid penalty fee equal to one night's room and tax.
Booking in the Block
IMAPS sincerely appreciates your support by staying at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. We make every effort to keep conference expenses, registration fees, and hotel rooms as low as possible. Reserving a room with the event hotel helps us stay committed to our contract and allows for a positive stay experience with fellow participants.
Networking — there are numerous opportunities for attendees to connect with each other by staying at the same hotel
Easily accessible — staying in the host hotel means less travel time and overall convenience
Exhibit/Sponsor Application are now being accepted. Early registration ends May 31, 2022.
CURRENT EXHBITORS AND SPONSORS INCLUDE
Integra Technologies, LLC
Besi North America, Inc.
Kayaku Advance Materials
Kulicke & Soffa Industries Inc.
CWI Technical Sales
DeWeyl Tool Company
Lintec of America, Inc.
Siltronics Solutions Inc.
Stellar Industries Corp.
Metalor Technologies USA
Haiku Tech, Inc.
Micro Systems Technologies
Technic Engineered Powders
TechSearch International Inc.
Henkel AG& Co. KGaA
Torry Hills Technologies, LLC
MRSI Systems, Mycronic Group