International Symposium on Microelectronics
IMAPS 53rd International Symposium on Microelectronics
Enabling a Connected World: Always on!
October 6-8, 2020
October 6-7, 2020
|Professional Development Courses:|
October 5, 2020
| SiP / SiM / CPI|
|Wafer Level /|
Panel Level (Advanced RDL)
|High Performance /|
| Advanced Package|
(Flip Chip, 2.5D, 3D, Optical)
|Advanced Process & Materials (Enabling Technologies)|
Town and Country Hotel & Conference Center
550 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108 USA
|General Chair-elect (2021):|
|Past General Chair (2019):|
FINAL CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - NOW DUE: JUNE 1, 2020
Click here for the exhibitor application.
The 53rd International Symposium on Microelectronics is being organized by the International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS). The IMAPS 2020 Technical Committee seeks original papers that present progress on technologies throughout the entire microelectronics/packaging supply chain. The Symposium will feature 5 technical tracks, plus our Interactive Poster Session, that span the three days of sessions on:
Track Chairs: Kim Yess, Brewer Science; Suresh Jayaraman, Amkor Technology
Wafer Level/Panel Level (Advanced RDL)
Track Chairs: Beth Keser, Intel Corp.; Rey Alvarado, Qualcomm
High Performance / High Reliability
Track Chairs: Erica Folk, Northrop Grumman; Ivan Ndip, Fraunhofer IZM
Advanced Package (Flip Chip, Heterogeneous Integration, 2.5D, 3D, Optical...)
Track Chairs: Sandeep Sane, Intel Corp.; Frank Eberle, Northrop Grumman Corp.; Jaimal Williamson, Texas Instruments
Advanced Process & Materials (Enabling Technologies)
Track Chairs: Benson Chan, Binghamton Univ.; Mark Hoffmeyer, IBM
• System Design & Integration
• CPI & Modeling
• Embedded/High Voltage
• Wearable / IoT
• System Partitioning / EMI Shielding
• Computing & Networking
• Package Assembly Design Kit (PADK) & Process Design Kit (PDK)
• Wafer-Level Fan Out
• Advanced Fan Out & Heterogeneous Integration
• Panel-Level Fan Out
• MEMS & Sensors
• Edge Protection
• Carrier Technologies
• Reliability & Test
• High Reliability - Defense/Aero
• MM Wave / High-Speed Packaging
• RF/Wireless Components
• High Reliability in Bio/Medical
• High Reliability in Extreme Environments
• Large Body / Small Body FC
• 2.5D Technologies
• Optical / Photonics
• BUMP & Interconnect
• 3D Technologies
• 5G Applications
• Heterogeneous Integration
• Advanced Equipment for Additive Manufacturing
• Flexible Electronics
• Substrate Technology
• Polymer Materials & Processes
• Novel Materials & Processes
• Advanced Wirebond
INTERACTIVE POSTER SESSION
Technical sessions are being planned for these tracks, and abstracts will be considered on the session topic listed below. Abstracts are rated by the technical committee members and are selected into the sessions by the session chairs appointed by the technical committee. Authors should identify their preferred session (topical area) when submitting their abstracts. Abstracts should highlight the major contributions of the work in one or more of these areas. All abstracts submitted must represent original, previously unpublished work.
IF YOUR ABSTRACT IS SELECTED FOR THIS SYMPOSIUM, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING SPEAKER TIMELINE (subject to changes): - Speaker Acceptance/Rejection (June 5, 2020); - First Paper to Peer Review (June 30, 2020); - Peer Review feedback to authors (July 22, 2020); - Final/corrected Papers (August 21, 2020); - Speaker must register before (September 4, 2020); - BIO due (September 15, 2020); Speaker Breakfast (morning of your session); and - Slides/Presentation ready (on/before October 5, 2020).
Please send your ~1,000-word abstract (suggested length & references highly recommended) electronically only using the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM. All Speakers are required to pay a reduced registration fee. If you need assistance with the on-line submittal form, please email Brian Schieman at email@example.com
Accepted papers may be considered for further peer review and publication in the IMAPS Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging.
Special Paper Recognition - Cash Awards Offered!
6 "Best of Track" Outstanding Papers - Six (6) $500 Cash Awards
Six "Best of Track" Winners will then be reviewed for...
1 Best Paper of the Symposium - One (1) additional $500 Cash Award for a "Best of Track" Winner
IMAPS Microelectronics Foundation Student Paper Awards
The Foundation is offering a variety of CASH AWARDS to the best papers, presentations, and posters by students at IMAPS Symposium.
The Microelectronics Foundation sponsors Student Paper Competitions and Awards in conjunction with IMAPS 2020. Students submitting their work and identifying that "Yes, I'm a full-time student" on the abstract submission form, will automatically be considered for these awards. The review committee will evaluate all student papers/posters and award the following at the 2020 Symposium:
- Three (3) "Outstanding Student Paper" Awards
- One (1) "Best Student Paper of Symposium" Award
- One (1) "Best Student Poster Presentation" Award
IMAPS 2020 Poster Session:
Interactive Poster Session Student papers may also be considered for this interactive session. Students submitting abstracts for the poster session will be required to submit a full paper which will be PEER-REVIEWED and considered for paper and poster awards noted above. If you are interested in presenting in the interactive session at IMAPS Symposium, select the "Poster Session" option under the session field on the abstract submission form.
- "Call For Abstracts" Open: September 25, 2019
- ~1,000-Word Abstracts Due: JUNE 1, 2020
- The abstract submission period has been delayed to accommodate event commitment restrictions imposed on most of our participating organizations and individuals.
- Confirmation of Abstract Receipt: Auto-Email Upon Submission (check spam/junk folders if you do not receive the email immediately upon submission)
- Speaker Notification - Abstract Acceptance: JUNE 5, 2020
- Manuscripts Due for Peer-Review: JUNE 30, 2020
- The paper should present an unbiased description of a certain method or product, discussing both pros and cons. Both subtle and blatant advertisement of any products or services is in direct conflict with the spirit of the Symposium. Examples of the former include repeated references to products or trade names and excessive use of corporate logos and trademarks in graphic illustrations. Photographs of commercial equipment are not permitted unless they add educational value. IMAPS Program Committees desire that all authors and presenters understand unambiguously that overly commercial papers are inappropriate and will not be tolerated; authors are asked to abide by these constraints when preparing their abstracts, papers, and presentations.
- The language for the IMAPS events and its publications is English, unless otherwise noted.
- Peer review feedback to authors: July 22, 2020
- Final/corrected Papers due: August 21, 2020
- SPEAKERS MUST BE REGISTERED ON/BEFORE September 4, 2020, OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PROGRAM LISTING
- Early Registration / Hotel Deadline: September 4, 2020
- 2-3 Sentence BIO due NOT LATER THAN: September 15, 2020
- Speaker/Chair Breakfast Meeting: Morning of your Session/Presentation (TBD)
- Slides/Presentation/Posters Ready for Presentation: on/before October 5, 2020
The poster session is planned to be an INTERACTIVE presentation. This means you do not start and complete a scheduled talk without interruption like in a regular/oral session. Speakers should have talking points and be at their poster throughout the entire session. You can "present" your scheduled materials, but more often the attendees will review your slides and ask questions. Or you can watch them and talk to them depending on which slide they are on.
Authors may either print out each of their powerpoint slides on regular paper and tack them up in order, or prepare a large poster (or 2 even). Recommended poster size is typically 3x4 feet, with the max space on the board being 4 ft high x 8 ft wide. IMAPS staff will provide tacks to secure your print outs. The session is first-come-first-serve so there are not assigned poster boards/locations.
The Posters & Pizzas Interactive Session will be held Thursday, October 8 in the Convention Center Foyer from 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM. POSTER SETUP FROM 10:30 AM UNTIL 11:40AM. **DAY & TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Registration & Hotel Information:
(Early Registration Deadline: September 4, 2020) | REGISTER ONLINE coming soon
Full attendee registrations (not exhibits only) includes the Opening Ceremonies, IMAPS Annual Business Meeting, IMAPS Awards Ceremony, Keynote Presentations, Welcome Reception, Technical Sessions, Plenary Sessions, Panel Discussion, Exhibit attendance, Breaks, Exhibit Hall Reception on Wednesday, Exhibit Hall Lunch on Tuesday, one Proceedings Download (and access via our Mobile APP) and an automatic one-year IMAPS membership renewal for individual and student members in good standing at the time of registration. For an additional fee you can register for a Professional Development Course (PDC), the Golf Tournament, and other activities/purchases. All prices below are subject to change.
Full Symposium cancellations will be refunded (less a $100 processing fee) only if written notice is postmarked on or before September 11, 2020. No refunds will be issued after that date.
|Student (IMAPS Member)||$50||$100|
|Exhibits Only (LUNCH INCLUDED)||$30||$30|
|Exhibits Only (NO LUNCH INCLUDED)||Complimentary||Complimentary|
|ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION FEES:|
|Short Course / Professional Development Course "PDC" (one 2-hour PDC: Monday -- can take up to four total)||$300||$400|
|Golf (1 Golfer, Thursday) - TBD||$125||$125|
REGISTER ONLINE coming soon
Hotel Reservations (Hotel Deadline: September 4, 2020)
The Town and Country Hotel is the official host hotel for the IMAPS 2020 housing block. Located in the hotel circle area of San Diego.
Hotel Reservations must be made directly with the official host hotel:
Town and Country Hotel
500 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA 92108
$199/night + taxes and applicable fees
Book Online: soon
Book by Phone: soon
The discounted room rates are only available until September 4th, or until the room block sells out (and it often sells out early - before the expire dates). Reservations received after the noted deadline or after the room block has been filled may be subject to significantly higher rates. IMAPS room blocks at most hotels historically sell out ahead of the discount deadline, so we encourage you to make your hotel reservations quickly for the best price and availability. All reservations must be accompanied by a nonrefundable first night room deposit with a major credit card. This deposit will be charged at the time the reservation is made. Rooms booked under the IMAPS block include complimentary high speed internet access.
Hotel Scams Alert - The only way to book a room in the official IMAPS Housing Block using the reservations information above. IMAPS does not authorize any other hotel service/group to operate on its behalf.