International Symposium on Microelectronics
General Chair-elect (2022):
Past General Chair (2020):
Ajinomoto Fine-Techno USA
October 12 - 14, 2021
October 12 - 13, 2021
Professional Development Courses
October 11, 2021
The 54th International Symposium on Microelectronics is being organized by the International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS). The Symposium will feature 5 technical tracks, plus our Interactive Poster Session, that span the three days of sessions with emphasis on packaging technologies that serve 5G, High Performance Computations, Automotive, Industrial, Defense/Space, and Medical electronics markets.
IMAPS is consulting government agencies, event partners, and our stakeholders regarding the Covid-19 virus ahead of IMAPS 2021 San Diego. We will keep attendees informed of any effects to the event. IMAPS remains committed to delivering the best Symposium this Fall and anticipates a robust, healthy event for all of our attendees, speakers, and exhibitors. We are exploring all options for alternative conference plans including virtual presentation options and other online tools in the event that the in-person components of the Symposium are deemed unsafe or not possible and will be prepared to offer all in-person, virtual and/or blended meeting options for all.
IMAPS 2021 program is packed with keynote presentations from top experts, Professional Development Courses, numerous technical sessions and over a dozen posters. For a full list of topics and presenters, click here.
Advanced Packaging Architectures: Opportunities and Challenges
Hamid Azimi, Ph.D., Intel Corporation
Next Generation Advanced Packaging and Thermo-Mechanical Considerations to Maximize Si Performance
Suresh Ramalingam, Xilinx
More Moore or More than Moore. An EDA perspective
KT Moore, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
A New Era for Glass in Microelectronics Packaging
Roman Ostholt, LPKF Laser & Electronics AG
Packaging Technologies for Integrated Photonics
Peter O'Brien, Tyndall Institute
Advanced Packaging is the Future of the Semiconductor Industry
Jean-Christophe Eloy, Yole
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
PDCs will be offered on Monday, October 11 from 8AM-5:30PM Pacific Time
8:00 am - 10:00 am
- System-in-Package (SiP) - System Solutions Through Miniaturization - Instructor: Mark Gerber, ASE US, Inc.
- Packaging Technologies and Antenna-in-Package Solutions for 5G Applications - Instructors: Ivan Ndip and Markus Woehrmann, Fraunhofer IZM (VIRTUAL ONLY)
- Achieving High Reliability Leadfree Solder Joints - Materials Consideration - Instructor: Ning-Cheng Lee, Consultant (VIRTUAL ONLY)
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Advances in Fan-Out Wafer-Level Packaging - Instructor: Beth Keser, Intel Corporation
- Polymers for Advanced Packages - Instructor: Jeff Gotro, InnoCentrix, LLC
- Failure Analysis in Semiconductor Package Assembly - Instructor: Tom Dory, Fujifilm Electronic Materials USA
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- The Evolution of Flip Chip Package Technology - Instructor: Mark Gerber, ASE US, Inc.
- Chiplet Design and Heterogeneous Integration Packaging - Instructor: John Lau, Unimicron Technology Corp.
- Package/Assembly Integrity & Solder Joint Reliability - Instructor: Jennie Hwang, H-Technologies Group (VIRTUAL ONLY)
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Fan-out Wafer/Panel-level Packaging - Instructor: John Lau, Unimicron Technology Corp.
- Thermal Management of Electronics - Instructor: Jaime Sanchez, Intel Corporation (VIRTUAL ONLY)
- 3D Package Assembly Processes and Technology - Instructor: Tom Dory, Fujifilm Electronic Materials USA
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 | 6:45-8:00pm Pacific
Next Generation Packages: Are We Ready?
Moderator: Jan Vardaman, TechSearch International
Panelists and description soon
Heterogenous Integration Roadmap
Wafer Level/Panel Level (Advanced RDL)
High Performance-High Reliability
Advanced Packaging (Flip Chip/2.5D/3D/Optical)
Advanced Process & Materials (Enabling Technologies)
Currently, there are thirteen posters sessions scheduled for the Symposium.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE (Pacific Time)
Monday, October 11
|8:00am-5:30pm||Professional Development Courses|
Tuesday, October 12
|8:00am-5:30pm||IMAPS 2021 Conference|
|11:00am-5:30pm||Exhibit Hall Open|
Wednesday, October 13
|8:00am-5:30pm||IMAPS 2021 Conference|
Exhibit Hall Open
Thursday, October 14
|8:00am-12:00pm||IMAPS 2021 Conference|
|1:00pm||IMAPS Foundation Golf Outing|
Booking in the Block
IMAPS sincerely appreciates your support by staying at the Town & Country Hotel. We make every effort to keep conference expenses, registration fees, and hotel rooms as low as possible. Reserving a room with the event hotel helps us stay committed to our contract and allows for a positive stay experience with fellow participants.
- Networking — there are numerous opportunities for attendees to connect with each other by staying at the same hotel
- Easily accessible — staying in the host hotel means less travel time and overall convenience
Diversity, Inclusion and Student Programming