Medical Microelectronics 2022
7th Advanced Technology Workshop on
Advanced Packaging for Medical Microelectronics
Town and Country Hotel, Mission Valley
San Diego, California
January 13-14, 2022
Tim LeClair, Vitrix Labs, Inc. / Konstanin Yamnitskiy, Medtronic
Vanessa Tolosa, Reality Labs (Meta Platforms, Inc.) / Rick Elbert, Cicor /Susan Bagen, MST Inc./ Rajiv Iyer, Medtronic
The International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS) will host an Advanced Technical Workshop in San Diego on Advanced Packaging for Medical Microelectronics on January 13 and January 14, 2022 at the Town & Country Hotel, San Diego, CA. The workshop will bring together technologists in semiconductor packaging with life science experts interested in applying advanced packaging methods to enable the next generation of medical microelectronic devices. Attendees and Exhibitors will be exposed to a wide variety of disciplines to encourage discussions involving technologies, products, strategies, current and emerging markets, and collaborations. The program is being finalized, and the following presentations have been confirmed so far
Kedar Shah, Verily Life Science
SmartLenses: Needs, Opportunities, and Challenges
- Wireless mm-sized implants for neuromodulation using magnetoelectric materials - Josh Chen and Jacob Robinson, Rice University
- Multimodal Sensing with Advanced Telemetry Components in Fan-out Flex Packages - PM Raj, Florida International Univ.
- Development and Clinical Translation of a 4096 Channel Microelectrode Array - Shadi Dayeh, Univ. of California-San Diego
- Thin film flexible circuits with embedded ASICs; Enabling technology for sophisticated medical applications - Rick Elbert and Alex Kaiser, Cicor Group
- Advanced High-Channel-Density Implantable Connectors: Effect of Parameters Impacting Electrical-Isolation Performance - Paritosh Rustogi and Jack Judy, Univ. of Florida
- Film Based Moisture Absorbers for Implantable Devices - Michael Previti, MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions
- Getter Technology for Improving Medical Implantable Device Package Reliability - Hua Xia and David DeWire, Hermetic Solutions Group
- Advanced Micro-electronics Packaging for Wearables - Vikram Venkatadri, Analog Devices Inc.
Additional abstracts are still being accepted on the following topics:
Virus/Microbe Microelectronic Detection, Signals
Emerging Medical Device Technologies
Medical Device Biocompatibility, Assembly
Existing and Emerging Markets for Medical Devices
Abstracts Still Being Accepted - Program Soon!
Those wishing to present at the workshop must submit a 200+ word abstract immediately. Click here to submit abstracts. Please contact Brian Schieman (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions. Full papers are not required; presentations normally make use of PowerPoint formats. A post-conference download containing the presentation material as supplied by the presenter will be distributed to attendees. Speakers are required to pay a reduced registration fee.
Priced at $695 for IMAPS members, $795 for non-members. attendance will be limited to maintain a workshop atmosphere. This Workshop will feature exhibitor and sponsor tabletops around the session room for increased open engagement and networking. A total of 15 total tabletop spaces will be available.
IMAPS is consulting government agencies, event partners, and our stakeholders regarding the Covid-19 virus ahead of the IMAPS 2022 Medical Workshop in San Diego. We will keep attendees informed of any effects to the event. IMAPS remains committed to delivering the best event in January and anticipates a robust, healthy event for all of our attendees, speakers, and exhibitors. We are exploring all options for alternative conference plans including virtual presentation options and other online tools in the event that the in-person components of the Workshop are deemed unsafe or not possible and will be prepared to offer all in-person, virtual and/or blended meeting options for all. Speakers that cannot attend to present in person will have virtual options for delivering their technical presentations at the Workshop.
Early registration discounts end December 17, 2021.
|Registration Type||Early (by Dec. 17)||Dec. 18 and after|
|Tabletop Exhibit (includes 1 booth personnel badge; additional discounted full badges available to exhibitors at $450/person)||$850||$950|
|Sponsorship (includes: 1 tabletop exhibit in the session room with 2 exhibit badges, print advertisement in programs, flyer/giveaway distributed to all attendees, logo/advertisement on event webpages and printed program; additional discounted full badges available to sponsors at $350/person)||$1750|
Single/Double: $205 per night + taxes/fees
Hotel deadline: December 20, 2021
Booking in the Block
IMAPS sincerely appreciates your support by staying at the Town & Country Hotel. We make every effort to keep conference expenses, registration fees, and hotel rooms as low as possible. Reserving a room with the event hotel helps us stay committed to our contract and allows for a positive stay experience with fellow participants.
- Networking — there are numerous opportunities for attendees to connect with each other by staying at the same hotel
- Easily accessible — staying in the host hotel means less travel time and overall convenience