Technology Crossover - CICMT
Sandia National Laboratories
Ulrich Schmid, TU Wien
Markus Eberstein, TDK Sensors
Technical Organizing Committee:
Heli Jantunen, University of Oulu
Eung Soo Kim, Kyonggi University
Soshu Kirihara, Joining and Welding Research Institute Osaka University
Daniel Krueger, Honeywell
Zhifu Liu, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
Jens Müller, Technische Universität Ilmenau
Uwe Partsch, Fraunhofer IKTS
- CICMT 2021: USA - April 26-29, 2021 - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- CICMT 2022: Vienna - April 2022 - Details available soon
- CICMT 2023: Asia - Details soon
CICMT 2021 Conference Program
The committee is planning sessions and inviting speakers on the following topics:
1. Functional materials for passive/active devices and their properties
Microwave/mm-wave LTCC/ULTCC dielectric materials
Sensitive ceramics/thermoelectric/electrocaloric materials
Pastes/inks/slurries for electronics
2. Material processing and device manufacturing technologies
LTCC/HTCC and multilayer ceramic and glass processing
Emerging ultralow temperature, room temperature processing, and cold sintering processing
Additive manufacturing /3D printing/ direct writing
Advanced thick film processing
Fine structuring technologies
Emerging embedding/integration technologies
3. Devices for emerging technologies
Circuits, antennas, and filters for MHz, GHz and THz for communications
Integrated physical/chemical/biological sensors and actuators
Packaging and integration issues for MEMS and BioMEMS devices
Batteries/fuel cells/ energy conversion systems
4. Design, modeling, simulation, characterization and reliability
Metamaterials design, realization and characterization
High frequency devices design/modeling/simulation
Materials and devices characterization
Material and device reliability, lifetime, and failure estimation
Thermal management/thermal transfer simulation
Speaker Deadlines & Information:
- Abstracts Deadline: October 31, 2020
- Speaker Notification Emails: November 18, 2020
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: March 2021
- Early Registration Deadline: March 2021
- Speaker Bios Due: April 1, 2021
- Powerpoint/Presentation file for DOWNLOAD due not later than: April 22, 2021 (Last day of Conference)
- Powerpoint/Presentation file used during session: Speaker's responsibility to bring to session on USB. Arrive at least ONE HOUR prior to your session start. Recommended to have back-up in the cloud, on personal laptop which you bring with you to the conference, and/or email to email@example.com prior to the day of your presentation.
- Technical Presentation Time: 30 minutes (25 to present; 5 for Q&A)
- Keynote Speaker Presentation Time: 45 minutes (40 to present; 5 for Q&A)
Presentation Format & Details:
- IMAPS does not require you to use a conference powerpoint template. You are able to use your regular company/preferred powerpoint templates.
- Please include the IMAPS show name and dates on your template and/or an IMAPS logo.
- Poster Session/Information (if applicable): The poster session is planned to be an INTERACTIVE presentation. This means you do not start and complete a scheduled talk without interruption like in a regular/oral session. Speakers should have talking points and be at their poster throughout the entire session. You can "present" your scheduled materials, but more often the attendees will review your slides and ask questions. Or you can watch them and talk to them depending on which slide they are on. Authors may either print out each of their powerpoint slides on regular paper and tack them up in order, or prepare a large poster (or 2 even). Recommended poster size is typically 3x4 feet. IMAPS staff will provide tacks to secure your print outs. The session is first-come-first-serve so there are not assigned poster boards/locations. POSTER SETUP FROM: (TBD).
- Dress Code: There is no official "dress code" for IMAPS Conferences. We ask you to be BUSINESS CASUAL or whatever more you prefer. We do not recommend casual attire.
- Session rooms will be equipped with: Screen, projector, podium, IMAPS laptop (with Microsoft Windows and recent OFFICE suite), microphone, and slide remote/laser pointer.
- All session presentations are 25 minutes followed by 5 minutes for Questions
- You are required to load your powerpoint/presentation onto the session laptop yourself using your USB drive.
- Speak with your session chair if you need assistance.
- About the Session: Sessions begin with Session Chairs making general announcements. Session Chairs will then introduce speakers by reading BIOs. Speaker will present for 25 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for questions. Session Chairs will thank the speakers. This process is repeated for each speaker in the session. Many sessions will take refreshment breaks (see program).
- Photography is not permitted in the session rooms.
- Silence all mobile phones during session attendance!